Sundance Vacations Race For The Kids Partnership
Sundance Vacations recently partnered with the United Way of Wyoming Valley to sponsor NASCAR #55 Derrike Cope for the NASCAR Monster Energy Overton’s 400 during the United Way Christmas in July Feeding and Reading to help raise awareness for the importance of early childhood education.
While the United Way did their final count on Friday, July 28, #55 Premium Motor Spots Derrike Cope read “Go dog, Go!” by Dr. Seuss to a group of preschoolers from the Wilkes-Barre Catholic Youth Center. After the reading, the kids enjoyed ice cream while Derrike gave them each a personalized signed copy of the book. Cope made such an impact on the kids that they started chanting “Go, Derrike, Go!” as they were heading back to the bus!
The United Way of Wyoming Valley’s 2017 Drive for Feeding and Reading ended with nearly double last year’s food collection with 20,397 lbs. and $26,000.00 worth in reading materials!
The Christmas in July Food Drive started in 1989 as a way to reduce the ‘summer slump’ in donations to area food banks. The program may have wrapped up, but the United Way of Wyoming Valley is always accepting donations to feed the hungry.
- WNEP Newswatch 16 Coverage: http://wnep.com/2017/07/28/racing-to-feed-the-hungry/?vid=13429
- ESPN Coverage: http://www.espn.com/jayski/cup/2017/story/_/id/20153580/sundance-vacations-united-way-northeast-pennsylvania-join-cope-pocono
- If you would like to volunteer for the United Way, please visit: https://www.unitedway.org/ to find your local branch.
- If you would like Sundance Vacations to donate $100 to the United Way on your behalf: https://sundancevacationsblog.com/NASCAR/
Follow us on Twitter Sundance Vacations for news on the upcoming Dover race in October.
For more information on the United Way of Wyoming Valley and how Sundance Vacations employees support the charity, visit the organization’s page on Sundance Vacations Charities. There you will also find a place to donate!
View all charities Sundance Vacations Wilkes-Barre worked with here: Wilkes-Barre News.
- Sundance Vacations Facebook
- Sundance Vacations Twitter
- Sundance Vacations Instagram
- Sundance Vacations YouTube
Robert writes for Sundance Vacations’ Charities, Blog and News site as the Digital Media Coordinator.